SportsGeeks Featuring Jillian Lybarger 10 Questions
By Frank L Ramirez and Sam Wilson
Thank you for taking some time to answer some questions about your career and your upcoming fight.
We talked back in 2010 for a short interview thank you for that interview here is some questions for a upcoming article for my our website that I am writing about blackeye promotions…
1. (flr)I see that you’re fighting alongside with your twin sister, tell us about what you think about that?
- (Jillian)Fighting with Jocelyn is a true blessing, she is very strong and of course does not want to lose to her baby sister. Jocelyn and I know how to get the toughness out of each other day in and day out. I am very lucky to have her in the gym with me everyday.
2. (flr)Tell us a little bit about your career as wmma fighter?
- (Jillian)My career right now is just starting in my eyes, going Pro in Feb 2011 is where it all counts, working hard everyday and learning and getting ready for the big leagues.
3. (flr)How was your training camp?
- (Jillian)My last camp was great, everything was on track for the WIN, due to a injury in the last week I had to pull out. But for this next camp we will be stronger and more determined then the last camp. Coaches and I have everything in place for great camps.
4. (flr)You are fighting for blackeye promotions tell about your experience with the company so far?
- (Jillian)Well the experience will start this weekend they are flying us to hang out with other female fighters and attend the fights. That alone is a dream come true, I believe this will be a perfect fit. I can not wait for 2011 and this weekend.
5. (flr)How do you see wmma as of right now?
- (Jillian)Women’s MMA is huge right now, more and more women wanna train hard and get in the cage which is a blessing for the sport right now. the day is coming quick and the big doors are opening for women, especially with a company like Blackeye coming around for women.
6. (flr)Do you train specifically with your sister or do you both train at different gyms?
- (Jillian)We both train at the same gym and coaches, they only difference is she lifts more weights each week, I believe we needed this, to train under the same roof.
7. (flr)What is your biggest accomplishment in your life?
- (Jillian)My biggest accomplishment is life is going thru the POLICE Academy and becoming a officer and coming out on top with another female stole my identity and I was arrested on her chargers. its all better now.
8. (flr)How do you see wmma in the future?
- (Jillian)its just starting for women its growing each day when women fight each weekend, big shows and big fights that is what women need. and its happening.
9. (flr)How tough is it, to be a wmma fighter that is dominated by men?
- (Jillian)it SUCKS, lol women are always look at that we are not stronger them men, may be the cause but we have heart and drive and the will to get to the top and show the world what women can do.
10. (flr)One last question this is a question I always ask fighters it provides a little background and character of who you are: if you could put a DVD in the DVD player what movie could you watch over and over?
- (Jillian)Night at the Roxbury, I laugh so hard every time, reminds me of jocelyn and i..lol
11. (SW) How does being a MMA Fighter make you successful outside the cage. What are your plans AFTER the cage/MMA?
- (Jillian)Well outside the cage I would say my women’s boot camp, I wanna help heavy women change there life’s, they look to me as a role model at Siege MMA I love that, they see the hrs. I spend each day and the hard work and sweat I put on the mats day in and day out, so Jocelyn and I started women’s boot camp classes and its a HIT, I love seeing these women work hard to hit there goals.
I am truly blessed, thank you guys. It Aint Chemo
Thank you for the interview Jillian cannot wait for you next fight, good luck and God Speed.
Powered by Facebook Comments